- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 2-28 oz. cans of whole peeled tomatoes, san marzano if you can find them
- red pepper flake
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper
- 1 pound of ground bison
- 1 pound of grass fed ground beef
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 2 duck eggs (or 3 chicken eggs)
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- salt &pepper
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of Montreal Steak Seasoning (or your favorite steak seasoning)
next up are the meatballs! preheat your oven to 350 degrees. add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix together. remember, don't mix them too much, just enough so they hold together. the longer you mix, the tougher they will be. this recipe yielded about 20 mediumish sized meatballs. i cooked them on a silpat for about 25 minutes.
this is a good "all-day" recipe because the longer the sauce simmers, the more concentrated the flavors get. i made the sauce late morning, and made the meatballs 25 minutes before we wanted to eat. it was perfect served with steamed brussel sprouts but spaghetti squash was excellent the last time i made meatballs.
**don't forget to update your readers to http://www.thefunctionalfoodie.com/! thank you!